ECL Pot Tending Machine
As part of the amperage increase of smelters, aluminium producers are looking for high productivity and effectiveness in their pot operation. Pioneering ECL Pot Tending Machine is equipped with sophisticated tools to perform complex tasks such as anode changing, crust breaking, anode handling, metal tapping, thus enabling customers to combine industrial performance with sustainable development.
With the largest installed base in the industry, Fives has the broadest experience and a track record to constantly improve its products. Fives’ equipment can suit each smelter needs whatever the reduction technology is.
High productivity level >40,000 kt Al/PTA/Year
A flexible and customized solution
- A streamlined architecture giving significant weight and height reductions
- A modular structure: depending on safety, productivity and cost imperatives, the customer can easily select among structural variations and optional equipment and tools
- A tailor made equipment, compatible with all world-leading pot reduction technologies: AP, SAMI, GAMI, DUBAL, NEUI, VAMI, etc
- An evolutionary design to accommodate future developments; the customer will be able easily upgrade the ECL Pot Tending Machine all along its operation life
Reduction line environment
ECL Pot Tending Machine is designed to operate in the very tough potroom environment, especially with high magnetic fields. To meet such high level requirements, Fives’ workshops are equipped with a bench test to select the best components (tested up to 1,000 Gauss) which will guarantee high reliability.
The latest generation of ECL Pot Tending Machine allows for increased performance:
- Faster installation time – 75% reduction in electrical cable length
- Higher productivity – Over 40 000 t AL/PTM/Year
- Increased availability rate - tool replacement in less than 2 hours
- Safety – CE certified
A dedicated insulation control system
ECL Pot Tending Machine is equipped with the Fives patented CANDITM (Automatic Electrical Insulation Monitoring) system, which continuously controls the electrical insulation level, thus guaranteeing operator safety. In addition, an automatic diagnostic system helps the maintenance operator to quickly fix the problem in case of default detection. It comes in the form of a small cabinet installed on the ECL Pot Tending Machine:
- Display on the cabin terminal operator when the fault is located
- Two levels of warning: Default / Alarm
- Anode extraction
- Cleaning shovel
- Anode covering
- Metal and Bath ladle lifting hoist
- Semi automatic gauging device DIANA
- Insulating control system
- CANDI 3 insulation controller
- Level II wireless communication system
- Anode levelling system, on-the-fly systems
- Tapping regulation
- Ethernet communication system between the PTM and the operation’s
- Automatic sequences
- Contact Improver on the anode extracting clamp
- Hood handling device
- Lifting cabin
ECL Furnace Tending Assembly
Discover our technologies for ECL Furnace Tending Assembly
ECL Anode Stacking Cranes
Discover our technologies for ECL Anode Stacking Cranes
ECL Transfer Systems
Discover our technologies for ECL Transfer Systems
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here