Genios is an electromagnetic liquid aluminium moving system, which allows to stir, transfer and cast the metal, all from one unit.
Genios is designed to be inherently safe, having a robust patented metal interface and metal flow will stop in the event of power failure.
Genios can be safely adapted to a wide range of furnace types with minimal civil works.
Genios, stirring and casting in a single unit:
- +/-2% temperature homogeneity when stirring
- +/-3 mm flow accuracy when casting
- 10% dross reduction
- Improved metal quality and better chemical homogeneity
- Safe and fully automatic system, no operator intervention
- Reduced maintenance
See Genios in operation - Casting
- Inductor: to produce the electromagnetic field, so inducing movement within the molten metal
- Mounting Interface: a physical interface between the working face of the inductor and the molten metal. It also provides the mechanical mounting arrangement to locate and hold the inductor
- Water Cooling System to cool inductor
- Power Supply: mounted within an enclosed electrical cabinet
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) in order to allow the operator to control & monitor the operating functions of the system
- Casting Channel positioning system (not required if using Genios purely for stirring applications)