Anode Rodding Shop
Thanks to 40 years of experience combined with a perfect process knowledge, Fives offers fully integrated and flexible Anode Rodding Shops. Fives' solutions can comply with any technology and can meet all customers’ requirements in terms of production capacity, layout, operation, accessibility and ease of maintenance.
Equipment designed for all technologies:
- 2, 3 and 4 stubs in line with single carbon block
- 4 stubs in square with 1 or 2 carbon blocks
- 6 stubs in hexapode with 1 or 2 carbon blocks
A valuable experience in Rodding Shop technologies:
- More than 26 smelters equipped worldwide and more than 40 smelters using Fives' individual equipment
- The world largest anode (AP60) processed by a Fives' Anode Rodding Shop
- Established as the most productive Anode Rodding Shop
An optimized layout and a flexible anode cycle time
The anode cycle time is defined by taking into account the potline production requirements, the Anode Rodding Shop working organization, each individual equipment availability, the buffer capacity between machines, the overhead conveyor speed, etc. A simulation software combined with Fives specialists' expertise allows to meet the smelter required production.
A fully integrated solution
Fives' Anode Rodding Shop includes all process equipment as well as ancillary equipment such as overhead conveyor, induction furnaces, roller and belt conveyors, dusting systems, handling equipment (cranes, jib cranes, grabs...) etc. All operations are fully automatic except the casting station (semi-auto), and are managed by any PLCs software and HMI.
- A level 2 system can be provided on request
- All equipment are fully assembled and tested before shipment
- Cold or hot bath removal equipment can be provided
Bath Processing Unit
Discover our technologies for Bath Processing Unit
Carbon Butts Recycling Unit
Discover our technologies for Carbon Butts Recycling Unit