In 2010, Intals (previously Vedani Carlo Metalli) a secondary aluminium producer in Italy signed a Joint Development Contract with Fives Solios to supply Genios.
This state-of-the-art Metal Moving System developed by Fives can stir, transfer and cast, all in one single unit.
The customer's objective was to set up a reliable casting method while reducing its operation and maintenance costs.
- Installation on the existing furnace side wall within a short-time frame
- Automatic operation
- Low maintenance
- Better alloy mixing with less dross generation
- Very reliable casting with automatic casting start and stop
- Automatic and accurate launder level control with laser (+/-3mm)
- Better temperature distribution through the liquid metal
- Improved operator safety
- Maximised product quality
Thanks to the significant improvements achieved in terms of environmental, human and operational performance, Genios has been awarded the Fives Engineered Sustainability label in 2014.