New success for Back2School sponsored this year by Ma'aden Aluminium
85 people from 8 different countries gathered over 5 days to improve their knowledge and competences on Fives’ equipment in a user-friendly and collaborative atmosphere.
The 2019 edition of Back2School was hosted by Ma’aden Aluminium in Jubail in Saudi Arabia, from 13 to 17 October. Four classroom training sessions were organized simultaneously:
- Green Anode Plant (GAP)
- Fume Treatment Center (FTC), Firing & Control System (FCS) and Gas Treatment Center (GTC)
- Pot Tending Machine (PTM) Mechanical
- Pot Tending Machine (PTM) Electrical
In order to ensure a practical training, two site visits were organized at Ma’aden Aluminium smelter.
This event was marked by some highlights:
- An Opening Ceremony co-chaired by Mr Frédéric Gicquel, Fives Services Gulf CEO and Mr Abdulla Al-Ghamdi, Vice President Operations of Ma’aden Aluminium,
- A Gala Diner with speeches by Mr Ali Al Qatani, President of Ma’aden Aluminium, and Mr Hugues Vincent, former President of the Fives’ Aluminum Division, followed by local entertainment provided by Ma’aden Aluminium,
- A Closing Ceremony with acknowledgements by Mr Abdulla Al-Ghamdi and Mr Sébastien Gauguier, President of the Fives’ Aluminum Division, and Graduation Certificate distribution.
This event gathered trainees from Alba, Sohar Aluminium and Ma’aden Aluminium.
In addition to sharing technical knowledge, this annual event in the Gulf gives participants the opportunity to get to know each other, to exchange and, above all, to share their experiences.
Today, Back2School has become a benchmark in terms of technical training on primary aluminium production processes, and values Fives as an expert and a partner of its customers.