Fives’ technology in liquid pitch processing at the Green Anode Plant is based on introducing the pitch in the green anode preparation line under strict process conditions to meet stringent quality and sustainability.
Liquid Pitch delivery
The liquid pitch is delivered at the Green Anode Plant by road tankers and stored into local tanks. From the local tanks, it is introduced in the green anode production line by two combined process loops to ensure that the liquid pitch is introduced in the green anode production line at optimal quantity and viscosity conditions.
- Temperature adjustment: the primary loop fitted with a heat exchanger allows to properly adjusting the temperature and viscosity of the liquid pitch
- Accurate proportioning: the secondary loop equipped with a Coriolis flowmeter ensures that the exact quantity of liquid pitch is mixed with the dry material for anode paste preparation
All the Liquid Pitch Processing Facilities are heated with heat transfer medium.
Solid pitch melting
Fives’ solution for solid pitch melting combines high capacity, performance and environment protection.
- High capacity: melting rates up to 8 tph and continuous operation allows to cope with high capacity modern Green Anode Plants
- Liquid pitch quality: smooth and homogenous melting are obtained thanks to inner heating coils and rotating agitators.The accurate monitoring of the liquid pitch temperature is essential
- Environment protection: the proper sealing of the Fives’ solid pitch melter prevents any fumes emission
Fives proposes an environmentally friendly, safe and easy to operate solution, which is perfectly adapted to modern large primary aluminium smelters.
The Fives' Liquid Pitch Marine Terminal consists in a sea vessel unloading station, a set of storage tanks, a road tankers loading station.
All the facilities are heated with heat transfer medium.
Liquid Pitch Marine Terminal
- High unloading rates: unloading pumps from 250 to 600 tph capacity allow quick operations and reduction of sea vessels unloading time
- Large storage capacity: storage tanks up to 12,000 tons capacity well adapted to large size smelters granting autonomy and flexibility in operation. Large storage capacities allow bigger thus more economical liquid pitch shipments
- Environment protection: pitch fumes from the storage tanks and from the road tankers loading station efficiently captured and treated in a regenerative catalytic oxidation (RCO) system. Pumps fitted with magnetic coupling for proper sealing in order to prevent any liquid pitch leakage
- Fire detection & abatement systems
- Safety valves to prevent under or over pressure in the storage tanks
- Compressed air blanketing in the storage tanks
- Easy operation: flexible hoses and/or articulated arms to make easier sea vessels unload and road tankers loading operations
Discover our technologies for Green Anode Plant
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here