HF Abatement & Alumina Enrichment
The aluminium production process by electrolysis requires fresh and fluorinated alumina. To this extent, the Gas Treatment Centers (GTCs) have two core functions for aluminium producers:
- To treat pollutants emitted by electrolysis pots, via the adsorption process of fluorine by alumina
- To supply fluorinated alumina for reinjection in electrolysis pots
HF emissions at stacks: <0.005 kg/t alu
As a pioneer in the process of capturing fluorine with alumina, Fives provides alumina enrichment solutions which guarantee a low level of emissions during the aluminium production. Indeed, Fives' best available GTC technologies allow capturing alumina and recycling the fluorine emitted by electrolysis pots in aluminium smelters. This solution enables aluminium producers to optimize their operating conditions.
Key facts about Fives' state-of-the-art GTCs:
- Treatment of all types of pots including high-intensity Point Feed Prebake (PFPB) pots (300-600 kA).
- More than 19,000 pots treated in the aluminium industry worldwide, equivalent to a production of approximately 12,000,000 tons of aluminium per year.
A flexible and customized solution
Fives’ installations feature an optimum balance between ergonomic design, cost efficiency and high scrubbing performance that includes:
- A modular design for easy maintenance and continuous operation
- An homogeneous and balanced gas distribution in each module
- A precise regulation of the distribution of alumina to each module
- Modules equipped with large capacity hopper to maintain high scrubbing efficiency via recirculation in case of alumina feeding disruption
- A soft filter media cleaning using low pressure pulses
Gas Treatment Technologies
Ozeos, TGT, Vibrair are the various types of filtering solutions
The various solutions to cool down gases are air dilution, water injection, heat exchangers, hairpins
Sea water scrubbers to meet the strictest environmental reputations
Potroom emissions processing
Yprios or S-yprios, two alternatives technologies to reduce emissions
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here