As a driver of sustainable industrial progress, Fives shares its customers' objectives to combine industrial performance with sustainable development.
Being a partner of the main aluminium producers
The Innovation effort is first driven by customer’s needs or expectations. Fives encourages any opportunity for joint programs with its clients and/or suppliers.
Over the past 10 years, all the main latest technologies were either jointly developed or at least validated at industrial scale, thanks to successful collaboration with partners.
It leads to constitute a patent portfolio exceeding 40 international patent families.
R&D investment annually: 3 to 3,5 M€
Capitalizing on the Group’s synergies
Fives’ Innovation program takes also benefit of any possible synergy within the broad panel of the Fives group companies. This is supported by several testing facilities, most of them operating in partnership with sister companies within the Group: a dry material characterization facility as well as a model testing facility for fluid dynamics are installed in one of Fives' Research and Test Centers, in the North of France.
Fives has developed and implemented number of state-of-the-art technologies worldwide, which are recognized by all the major aluminium producers for their advantages in terms of environment, energy savings, product quality, automatization and performance.
- The RHODAX® process, a cost effective solution for dry mix preparation
- XELIOS 2.0, the anode forming solution for high density anodes
- EOLIOS, a proven original combination of dry-scrubbing and RTO for efficient pitch vapor treatment at paste plant with optimized global carbon footprint
- AMELIOS SUITE, for a full digital chain.
- MIREA, for Anode Block Electrical Resistivity Monitoring
- SOFIA, a 3D anode assembly control solutions
- Embedded Service Robot, for hood handling on process cranes
- OZEOS, a compact and efficient Gas Treatment filter module. Ozeos has been awarded with the Fives Engineering Sustainability label as a technology of choice in terms of environmental, human and operational performance and economics
- SMARTCrane, a secured crane remote monitoring
- Cascade alumina feeding system
- YPRIOS, the proven dual suction system for reducing efficiently the roof emissions without disturbing pots
- The biggest ever-built sea water scrubbers for SO2 abatement at the Qatalum smelter in Qatar
- Various solutions for pots gas cooling such as water tube heat exchanger, “hair pins” cooler, in-duct water injection, etc...
- Pioneering Mobile Learning Tools for continuous training: Driving Simulator and Immersive Mask
- Skill2Perf, a progressive and individual support to the crane operator